“I like PGIC because I met so many people from different countries. I learned about English and new cultures.”
Juliana Pires Alvin - Brazil
PGIC Vancouver Campus
Spectacular mountains, beautiful beaches, exciting nightlife, and friendly people, all in a safe and clean setting – no wonder Vancouver is the best city in the world to live in! Vancouver is pleasantly warm in the summer and mild in the winter so you can enjoy outdoor activities all year round.
PGIC Vancouver is located right in the heart of downtown Vancouver on Robson Street. After school, there is plenty to do with shops, cafés, and restaurants all right outside our door. PGIC is also close to all forms of public transportation.
When you are not studying, you can:
- go rollerblading or biking in Stanley Park
- lounge on the beaches
- do some people watching while sipping on tasty drinks at restaurant patios
- check out the public market on Granville Island
- visit the comedy clubs for a night of laughter and fun
- take the Aquabus for a quick tour of the city’s waters
- ski, snowboard, toboggan, or snowshoe in the local mountains
- visit the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge and Salmon Hatchery
- take a ferry to nearby Victoria, the capital city of British Columbia
- go North for a weekend bed and breakfast getaway to the Sunshine Coast
- hop on the ferry and enjoy a day trip to nearby Bowen Island
- catch some sports action with the White Caps, the Giants, and the Canucks
- see a Major League Baseball game in Seattle (and do some shopping while you’re at it)
- visit Whistler – the Olympic playground
- go blueberry picking and ‘winery touring’
- meet friends at local world class restaurants and pubs
MORE REASONS TO STUDY HERE
ALL SEASON OUTDOOR ADVENTURES
No matter the season, to truly experience Vancouver you must get outside. In the warm months, the best way to explore the Lower Mainland is to go hiking. B.C is teeming with trails for beginners to the advanced outdoorsman. You can walk among the ancient Douglas Firs in Lighthouse Park or make a quick trek along Deep Cove and maybe catch sight of a sea lion or two. For a challenge, try the Grouse Grind and be rewarded with one of the most beautiful, panoramic views of the city.
Everyone may have heard of the amazing winter activities the city has to offer with our world class mountains, but it doesn’t just stop there. Get excited for all things water related. Go kayaking or speed boating in the ocean right along with the seals and if you’re lucky, catch sight of some amazing whales swim alongside you! You can also enjoy a lazy afternoon canoeing or explore the inlets on a paddle board. Try sailing during the summer and fishing all year round.
Did we mention zip lining, bungee jumping, golfing, horseback riding, and rock climbing? The list goes on and on, so why wait? You’ll never know unless you try.
FOOD & CULTURE
When you think of Vancouver, the first thing that comes to mind will most likely be its' scenic beauty, but there's something that all Vancouverites know is even better, or at least comes close: THE FOOD. Vancouver is home to some of the greatest restaurants this side of North America. From Latin cuisine to Mediterranean and Asian, it’s like traveling the world with your taste buds. And the best part about it? You won’t need bags of bills to 'taste culture'.
Take a stroll through galleries or walk the city for some urban street art. Try restaurants that offer mouthwatering dishes alongside their amazing décor. Check out the street festivals throughout the summer showcasing the culture and food from countries like Greece, India, China, and Mexico. Pop into a quaint café for a gourmet sandwich, a bakery for sweet pastries, or a ‘hole in the wall gem’ for a yummy meal that doesn’t break your bank. Grab a delectable snack from a food truck and bathe in the warmth on a summer’s day.
If you are looking for a night out, Vancouver is the place to be. With a variety of different nightclubs, local pubs, Karaoke bars, music venues and restaurants every night can be something new in Vancouver. From a variety of venues to an assortment of neighbourhoods, there is something that will satiate everyone's thirst.